Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Redbud tree in the backyard

Redbud2010-01

The Redbud Tree

 

Redbud2010-02

The redbud trees are blooming all over Austin, and we have a lot of them in our neighborhood. I had planted this one after Jan's father passed away, as a way of remembering him. Roland was a minister, and spring was a special time for him, both personally and religiously.

The tree has survived some mighty dry summers, but this past winter was very rainy, and I think that's why it bloomed out so well this year.

Redbud2010-03

In past years I have not concentrated on close-up or macro photos of the blooms. This year I wanted to do something a little different. I got as close as the lens would let me and still stay somewhat focused, and fired several shots continuously, in case there was any vibration or handshake when I took the photo.

Redbud2010-05

And of course, there were bees everywhere around the tree. They were a welcome sight. I have read that bees are dying off in some parts of the country at an alarming rate, and it will not go well with our flowers and crops if they go completely. I hope this one was able to bring back some goodies for the hive. I saw an Eastern Tiger swallowtail butterfly as well, but it didn't stay around for a photo.

I hope you enjoy these little shots of mine. Tomorow, the salvias!

Take care,

Mike Z

blog comments powered by Disqus