Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Twin Hypodermics, Houston TX

TwinHypos1

This was the view from my hotel window Saturday morning as I got ready to be an exhibitor at a conference in the Medical Center of Houston TX. This "landmark" building is where lots of medicine is practiced by some of the finest doctors in the country. (and where some of the finest sales people try to sell products to those fine doctors, I might add)

TwinHypos2

I took the photos with my mobile phone, not the regular camera. It just seemed like a shot waiting to be taken, kind of like the Space Needle in San Antonio on a previous post. You can see the reflection of the hotel in the glass walls.

In the early 80's when I lived in Houston and peddled my wares in that building, it was affectionately known by friends as the "Twin Hypodermics." I think it is obvious why we called it that. To this day, when I see it, I can't help thinking those words and smiling. I guess it doesn't take much to keep me amused...

Thanks again for stopping by!

Mike Z

blog comments powered by Disqus