Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Old House at Seward Junction

Old Barn

I have passed this delapidated house, or barn, many times as we drove up to Copperas Cove to visit the kids and grandkids. I have often thought it looked like a good subject for a photo. People pass these relics (for lack of a better term) every day and probably never give a thought to the history in the structure.

Another photo of the house
Jan likes this view better
Old House 3

Times change, lives change, and the places we live change. Sometimes our places are abandoned as we move up or move on. I wish I knew who lived here, and why it is still standing in this place along Hwy 183. I will probably never know, but it is fun to think about it.

More later dear readers,

Mike Z


My friend Gordon H added a great sky background and improved the photo nicely. I have to learn how to do that! Thanks Gordon.


Note 10/2010: Sorry to say, but "progress" has taken it's toll on this old house in Seward Junction. The expansion of Highway 183 has reduced the house to a pile of rotten wood. Pretty soon even that will be gone....
Not many will mourn the loss, but I have noticed on my travels lately that I've been looking for other old houses or barns that have similar appeal to this one. Maybe you'll see more in future posts?

blog comments powered by Disqus