Monday, December 31, 2007

Holiday Photos of the Boys

(Click on the photos to see them full size)



The photo above I call "The Agony and the Ecstasy," and I guess it's pretty easy to see why. Roland Thomas and Sentry had gotten radio controlled race cars for Christmas, and were so eager to play with them! They decided that a good thing to do would be to race them off their cousin Jennifer's front porch for about a 4 foot drop to the concrete driveway. They had done this several times, when Sentry's car hit the ground just the right way and one of the headlights broke off. Of course, that was the very time that I decided to take a picture of them.


This photo was taken just recently on our day trip to Laguna Gloria Art Museum. Jan, the boys and I walked around the recently restored 1916 Italianate-style villa that was the home of Texas legend Clara Driscoll. The kids ran all over the lush 12-acre grounds overlooking Lake Austin, and we enjoyed the sculptures and the revitalized historic gardens. The wishing well is located at the rear of the main building, looking out over Lake Austin. Here is a photo of the main building.

We walked out along Lake Austin on a trail heading towards The Gazebo, a favorite spot for quiet meditation, as well as wedding and engagement photos. While we were there there were several photo shoots going on. There was even a photo shoot of a couple's pregnancy! It was a great walk along the well-kept path, and the boys were so impressed with this huge old tree, they begged me to take their photo next to it.

The photo below is of Roland Thomas at the family gathering at the ranch in New Braunfels. He had found a rock in his Aunt Karen's yard, and couldn't wait to show it off. He came running toward me just as I turned on the camera, and I just pointed and shot. Here is the photo.


I asked Sentry to stand by the column and "strike a pose." He did. The results are below.


Well I guess that's it. Since the hours are getting few for the year 2007, I will take this opportunity to wish you and your family the Happiest of New Years. I hope that 2008 is the best year yet for you!

blog comments powered by Disqus