Saturday, June 6, 2015

Spider Web in the Sunset Light


This afternoon I was sitting in the dining room looking out the window, and noticed the sun shining on a spider's web in the side yard. It looked so cool I wanted to see if I could take a photo that did it even a little bit of justice. I grabbed my "lesser camera," the Nikon Coolpix P90, and raced outside. By the time I got there, the sun had moved a little, and the effect was a little different. I snapped a few photos, and these two worked out.


I tried very hard to enhance the fine lines of the web, without getting ridiculous with the sharpening. There was also some chromatic aberration (blue halo's around the web lines) that I had to deal with. All in all, I think the photos came out pretty well. I hope you enjoy them. As always, click on the images to see them larger.

So until next time, I hope all your photos come out beautiful.

Mike Z

blog comments powered by Disqus