Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Night shots of Wonderful Water Features

Freeny03


As some of you might know, I am the photographer for the Austin Pond Society this year. It has been a wonderful experience so far. I got involved with the APS last year after making the rounds at the APS Annual Pond Tour, and taking some photos of the ponds we visited. (See Kathy and Rick). One of my projects is to take photos of prospective ponds for this year's tour, and report to the Board of Directors with the photos.


Disappearing Stream
Freeny04
A feature of this year's tour is Saturday evening/night pond tours. Several of the pond owners have ponds that are lit up and viewable at night as well as in the day. This particular pond owner even has water lilies that bloom at night to make the visit even more interesting.

Freeny08
The Large Pond and Patio


There are two water features at this home, and both are equally wonderful. The photo below is the second, smaller pond. Both have fish in them, and their dog really likes to stand at the edge of the pond and watch the fish. They seem to like the dog as well, because they gather in the water below him whenever he does.

Freeny14
Smaller pond

The photo below is an attempt to get a "long view" of the larger pond from the yard back to where I was taking the earlier photos from. As I took the photos, the sun set and the sky darkened to a rich purple and blue backdrop for the photo.

Freeny13



This is my first serious attempt at evening or night photography. I think the photos came out ok. The pond owners were kind enough to give me permission to publish these photos on the 'blog, and I hope I have made them proud.


Come back and visit again! I hope to have some more photos up soon.


All the best to you and yours,

Mike Z

blog comments powered by Disqus