Sunday, May 24, 2009

Thunderclouds Over North Austin

Driving back from Copperas Cove TX after seeing our daughter Amy play the role of Rose Blossom in the western comedy Deadwood Dick, we saw these huge thunderclouds seemingly looming directly in our path. It being one of the few times that I have had the camera ready to go, I pulled to the side of the road and took a couple of quick photos. I hope you can get a sense of the size of the thunderheads. They were pretty magnificent!

As we drove on home, I realized that the main storm was still east of our house, so all we saw from it were a few sprinkles on the windshield. We got a huge rainstorm with a little hail yesterday (nowhere near the amount of hail that we got on March 25th) so it was good that we were spared another deluge today. I like rain, but spaced out a little, not two days of downpours and then nothing for weeks. Unfortunately, no one consults with me on these matters!

Thanks for stopping by again. I hope you'll browse around some of the past entries and see what's here.

Best regards,

Mike Z
Posted by Picasa

blog comments powered by Disqus