Sunday, January 20, 2008

Aquariums at MD Anderson Medical Center

(click on the picture to see the slideshow in Picasa)
Aquariums at MD Anderson


My "photo assignment" to myself last week was to take photos of the unusual and beautiful fish in the aquariums at MD Anderson Hospital, which I visit every 3 weeks. My grandson Sentry had enjoyed the fish so much when he visited with us a while back, that I wanted to give him a treat by capturing some of the fish that he had enjoyed.

I know some of the photos are blurry. I was practicing using manual exposure to get the fish in focus and not the glass of the aquariums. The autofocus feature on my camera is not helpful when trying to get the focus on the right object when there is something solid yet transparent in the way. Sometimes I succeeded, sometimes I didn't. Plus the fact that I had to take the photos without a flash, because of the reflection on the glass. And, (I know I am going on and on, sorry) I liked the warmer colors of the aquarium light lots more than the colder flash light.

Well I hope you enjoy them. I sure had fun taking shots of these little guys. I do have to tell one story about the fish with the bright orange tail. He must have been paranoid about having his photo taken, because every time he saw me lift the camera he headed for the hills! I didn't know that fish could have expressive eyes, but look at the photo below and tell me he isn't looking at me like Brittney looks at the papparazzi! I had to smile.



Enjoy your day! Come back often to see what else I am up to.

blog comments powered by Disqus