Sunday, October 28, 2007



I took these photos on a trip to the Elgin Pumpkin Festival last year about this time. The boy was having such a good time playing with the tetherball I just couldn't resist pointing and shooting. His mom was gracious enough to give me permission to post these photos, and asked if I could shoot some more for her. Very flattering!

The first one is more focused than the second, and I like the composition better. I am trying to learn the art of "action" photography, which is a far different thing than shooting still life or landscape photos. Short delay from pushing the button till the camera takes the photo is very important, as well as a steady hand or tripod! I sat at a picnic table and propped both elbows on it to get as steady as I could. The telephoto feature on the Dimage Z5 makes every small movement a BIG movement on the film. Thinking "fast on your feet" as far as composing the shot makes the small successes much more satisfying.

More later, thanks for visiting!

blog comments powered by Disqus