Monday, June 21, 2010

Lighthouse at Port Isabel TX


Wow, it's been almost 2 months since I have added anything to the Memories. How time flies. I have taken some photos since April, and I intend to get some of them up on the weblog. Feels good to be back!

This photo was taken in early May, while I was on a business trip to South Padre Island (yeah, I can hear it now, tough duty Mike! You really got it rough). On the way back to the mainland I saw the lighthouse and it just called to me. The sky was clear and very blue, and the whole scene just begged to be photographed.

I took several shots of the lighthouse, from several different angles, and this one was the best of the lot. I have been learning about the Orton Effect, which was developed many years ago in the days of film and 35 mm slides to give a "glow" to the subject of the photograph. It seemed to me that this lighthouse was a good candidate for a dreamlike photo, and I think it came out pretty nice.

I hope you like the lighthouse. I am working on a video (my first for the memories) and hope to have it up by week's end. Also some photos of Big Bend, which I highly recommend to anyone who loves the outdoors and wild scenic places.

So thanks for stopping by, and I will try to get things interesting around here once again. Till next time!

Mike Z

blog comments powered by Disqus