Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sunset near Kerrville TX


Traveling through Texas is one of the things that makes my job a constantly joyful experience. I never tire of seeing the different types of terrain and landscapes that unfold as I drive the roads and highways. One area (thankfully close to home) is known as the Hill Country of Texas. There is no end to the beauty in this part of the world.

I was returning from Del Rio, near the Texas/Mexico border, back to Austin, and passed a ranch just as the sun dipped below some heavy clouds. Luckily I had my "travel camera" with me and pulled to the side of the road to grab a few shots. I had no sooner gotten back up to speed when I saw a much better photo in the making. I pulled over again (glad there were no other travelers on the road!) and took another shot. The photo above is that shot.

When I looked at the photo just now, it reminded me of a photo I had taken of the windmill on Jan's family ranch a couple of years ago. I include it below mostly because I like it so much. I hope you enjoy it too.



I also took some flower photos, and those will be on a later post. I also want to post some more photos of our trip to the Houston Zoo. Come back again soon!

blog comments powered by Disqus