Sunday, September 23, 2007

From the Water Lily Display in San Angelo TX



I took these photos at the International Waterlily Collection in San Angelo TX. Until I read about the park and display in a local magazine, I didn't know it existed. I was surprised to learn that it is one of only 5 Internationally Certified Water Lily Displays in the world. Kenneth Langdon developed the display, called the International Waterlily Collection. It took him four years to complete the park.





I took the photo at about 5:30 in the afternoon with a Konica Minolta Dimage Z5 camera. I took the photo using the camera's evening/sunset setting because the sun was so bright. I did minimal Photoshop alterations to brighten the image some and added minimal sharpening. Otherwise it's just as it came from the camera.



The waterlily display was one of the most relaxing places I have visited. The park itself is lower than the surrounding streets, and is located very near the Concho River. This allows for less street and city noises and so the display is very quiet and peaceful. Surrounding the park are many stately older homes that are well kept and beautiful. I know the local residents must be very proud of their natural treasure.

To see more pictures from the International Waterlily Collection, to to my Flickr gallery page at

My Water Lily Photos on Flickr

I hope you enjoy the slideshow. Please comment and let me know what you think.

Till next time,
Mike Z

blog comments powered by Disqus