Friday, July 8, 2011

Lesser Goldfinch in Sedona AZ

Lesser Goldfinch

Last month Jan and I enjoyed a wonderful weekend in Sedona, AZ. I had been there several years ago, and had told her I wanted us to go together. Little did I know back then how many years it was going to take! We stayed in a beautiful Bed & Breakfast called A Sunset Chateau. I highly recommend this place if you are ever in Sedona.

We were close to pretty much everything in Sedona, and took several hikes around the beautiful Red Rocks. As usual, I took my camera along. Next morning, I was out in the yard in front of our room, and happened on this great bird. It seemed to have no fear of me, so I snapped away.

When I got home, I did my usual internet search to see what kind of bird it was. My initial guess (they all are) was a summer tanager. I sent this photo to my friend Bob Zeller (See his website here) and he said he thought it was a Lesser Goldfinch.

And so it will be, always, for me. I hope you like the photo.

Till next time,
Mike Z

blog comments powered by Disqus